Aug 29, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
Eduardo Nunez left Tuesday’s game after injuring his right knee and had to be scratched from the lineup Wednesday, but fortunately for the Yankees, he won’t have to miss significant time.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, an MRI on Nunez’s knee came back negative earlier today. He’s considered day-to-day.
Nunez is batting just .248/.303/.332 with one home run, 20 RBI, and eight stolen bases over 69 games this season, but he has been much improved this month. The 26-year-old was relegated to a utility infielder role following the return of Derek Jeter earlier this week, but he should still see plenty of playing time down the stretch.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)