Aug 29, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Eduardo Nunez left Tuesday’s game after injuring his right knee and had to be scratched from the lineup Wednesday, but fortunately for the Yankees, he won’t have to miss significant time.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, an MRI on Nunez’s knee came back negative earlier today. He’s considered day-to-day.
Nunez is batting just .248/.303/.332 with one home run, 20 RBI, and eight stolen bases over 69 games this season, but he has been much improved this month. The 26-year-old was relegated to a utility infielder role following the return of Derek Jeter earlier this week, but he should still see plenty of playing time down the stretch.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)