Aug 29, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Eduardo Nunez left Tuesday’s game after injuring his right knee and had to be scratched from the lineup Wednesday, but fortunately for the Yankees, he won’t have to miss significant time.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, an MRI on Nunez’s knee came back negative earlier today. He’s considered day-to-day.
Nunez is batting just .248/.303/.332 with one home run, 20 RBI, and eight stolen bases over 69 games this season, but he has been much improved this month. The 26-year-old was relegated to a utility infielder role following the return of Derek Jeter earlier this week, but he should still see plenty of playing time down the stretch.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (91)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)