Aug 29, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Eduardo Nunez left Tuesday’s game after injuring his right knee and had to be scratched from the lineup Wednesday, but fortunately for the Yankees, he won’t have to miss significant time.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, an MRI on Nunez’s knee came back negative earlier today. He’s considered day-to-day.
Nunez is batting just .248/.303/.332 with one home run, 20 RBI, and eight stolen bases over 69 games this season, but he has been much improved this month. The 26-year-old was relegated to a utility infielder role following the return of Derek Jeter earlier this week, but he should still see plenty of playing time down the stretch.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)