Aug 29, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Eduardo Nunez left Tuesday’s game after injuring his right knee and had to be scratched from the lineup Wednesday, but fortunately for the Yankees, he won’t have to miss significant time.
According to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News, an MRI on Nunez’s knee came back negative earlier today. He’s considered day-to-day.
Nunez is batting just .248/.303/.332 with one home run, 20 RBI, and eight stolen bases over 69 games this season, but he has been much improved this month. The 26-year-old was relegated to a utility infielder role following the return of Derek Jeter earlier this week, but he should still see plenty of playing time down the stretch.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)