Aug 29, 2013, 2:52 PM EST
UPDATE: The Tigers have released a preliminary diagnosis on Caberea:
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 29, 2013
Frankly, with his hip issues and other minor ailments he’s been “day to day” for a good month. But add another ache to the pile.
2:52 PM: The Tigers series against the A’s has been a disaster on many levels. They dropped the first three and, with Max Scherzer on the mound today, find themselves down 6-1 as the bulldog goes to press. Hard to get worse than that.
Oh wait, yes it can:
#Tigers Cabrera coming out of game after grabbing back of left leg on slide into second
— Tom Gage (@Tom_Gage) August 29, 2013
We’ll update when something official comes out. But if Cabrera has a bum hamstring the Tigers could be without the reigning and presumptive MVP for a while.
- Report: Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from the Athletics 0
- The Matt Kemp trade is expected to go down as planned 0
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 73
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)