Aug 29, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Tigers have released a preliminary diagnosis on Caberea:
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 29, 2013
Frankly, with his hip issues and other minor ailments he’s been “day to day” for a good month. But add another ache to the pile.
2:52 PM: The Tigers series against the A’s has been a disaster on many levels. They dropped the first three and, with Max Scherzer on the mound today, find themselves down 6-1 as the bulldog goes to press. Hard to get worse than that.
Oh wait, yes it can:
#Tigers Cabrera coming out of game after grabbing back of left leg on slide into second
— Tom Gage (@Tom_Gage) August 29, 2013
We’ll update when something official comes out. But if Cabrera has a bum hamstring the Tigers could be without the reigning and presumptive MVP for a while.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69