Aug 29, 2013, 2:52 PM EST
UPDATE: The Tigers have released a preliminary diagnosis on Caberea:
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 29, 2013
Frankly, with his hip issues and other minor ailments he’s been “day to day” for a good month. But add another ache to the pile.
2:52 PM: The Tigers series against the A’s has been a disaster on many levels. They dropped the first three and, with Max Scherzer on the mound today, find themselves down 6-1 as the bulldog goes to press. Hard to get worse than that.
Oh wait, yes it can:
#Tigers Cabrera coming out of game after grabbing back of left leg on slide into second
— Tom Gage (@Tom_Gage) August 29, 2013
We’ll update when something official comes out. But if Cabrera has a bum hamstring the Tigers could be without the reigning and presumptive MVP for a while.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)