Aug 29, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Tigers have released a preliminary diagnosis on Caberea:
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 29, 2013
Frankly, with his hip issues and other minor ailments he’s been “day to day” for a good month. But add another ache to the pile.
2:52 PM: The Tigers series against the A’s has been a disaster on many levels. They dropped the first three and, with Max Scherzer on the mound today, find themselves down 6-1 as the bulldog goes to press. Hard to get worse than that.
Oh wait, yes it can:
#Tigers Cabrera coming out of game after grabbing back of left leg on slide into second
— Tom Gage (@Tom_Gage) August 29, 2013
We’ll update when something official comes out. But if Cabrera has a bum hamstring the Tigers could be without the reigning and presumptive MVP for a while.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)