Aug 29, 2013, 7:42 PM EDT
Neftali Feliz has been out all season rehabbing from Tommy John surgery, but he’s on track to be activated by the Rangers after rosters expand on Sunday. The 25-year-old right-hander confirmed as much this afternoon by writing on his Twitter account that he’s en route to Oakland, where the Rangers will begin an important three-game series on Monday.
Feliz had a minor setback in his rehab earlier this month due to triceps tendinitis, but he has tossed eight scoreless innings with Triple-A Round Rock since returning to action. During that time, he has impressively struck out nine batters while allowing three hits and no walks. While he tossed three innings last night, the Rangers are planning to use him as a reliever in the short-term. Feliz figures to get another chance to start next spring, but he could still play an important role for the first-place Rangers down the stretch and during a possible postseason run.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)