Aug 29, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Mauer also said that he’s improving and has no plans to shut things down for the season, but as of now there’s no timetable yet for his return. His goal is “to get back as soon as I can” because “it is not any fun watching.”
As for the possibility of a position switch whenever he does return from the brain injury–which is a topic I wrote about at length yesterday–Mauer said there hasn’t been any discussion with the Twins yet.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)