Aug 29, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
From the blotter, Major League Baseball has announced some suspensions:
- Philadelphia Phillies Minor League right-handed pitcher Gustavo Armas, who is on the roster of the Venezuelan Summer League Phillies, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone.
- Detroit Tigers Minor League shortstop Moises Bello, who is on the roster of the Venezuelan Summer League Tigers, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone.
- Chicago White Sox Minor League catcher Nicholas Parent, who is on the roster of the rookie-level Bristol White Sox of the Appalachian League, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol.
And now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 8
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 15
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld