Aug 29, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
From the blotter, Major League Baseball has announced some suspensions:
- Philadelphia Phillies Minor League right-handed pitcher Gustavo Armas, who is on the roster of the Venezuelan Summer League Phillies, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone.
- Detroit Tigers Minor League shortstop Moises Bello, who is on the roster of the Venezuelan Summer League Tigers, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone.
- Chicago White Sox Minor League catcher Nicholas Parent, who is on the roster of the rookie-level Bristol White Sox of the Appalachian League, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol.
And now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)