Aug 29, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
From the blotter, Major League Baseball has announced some suspensions:
- Philadelphia Phillies Minor League right-handed pitcher Gustavo Armas, who is on the roster of the Venezuelan Summer League Phillies, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Nandrolone.
- Detroit Tigers Minor League shortstop Moises Bello, who is on the roster of the Venezuelan Summer League Tigers, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for a metabolite of Boldenone.
- Chicago White Sox Minor League catcher Nicholas Parent, who is on the roster of the rookie-level Bristol White Sox of the Appalachian League, has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol.
And now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld