Aug 30, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
It seems like eons ago that David Wright was getting a standing ovation at the All-Star Game at Citi Field and was putting together an MVP-caliber season. But it was less than a month ago when he pulled his hamstring effectively ending his season. Or maybe not quite ending it, as the Star-Ledger reports that he’s about to go off on a rehab assignment in Florida.
He could still get a couple of big league games in at the end of September, but I don’t know what it would accomplish. When the Mets signed him to that extension it was for the long haul. The long haul play here seems to be to exercise caution with their superstar.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 65
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 31
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)