Aug 30, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
It seems like eons ago that David Wright was getting a standing ovation at the All-Star Game at Citi Field and was putting together an MVP-caliber season. But it was less than a month ago when he pulled his hamstring effectively ending his season. Or maybe not quite ending it, as the Star-Ledger reports that he’s about to go off on a rehab assignment in Florida.
He could still get a couple of big league games in at the end of September, but I don’t know what it would accomplish. When the Mets signed him to that extension it was for the long haul. The long haul play here seems to be to exercise caution with their superstar.
- UPDATE: Giants believe Hunter Pence suffered broken left forearm on hit-by-pitch 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (90)