Aug 30, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
It seems like eons ago that David Wright was getting a standing ovation at the All-Star Game at Citi Field and was putting together an MVP-caliber season. But it was less than a month ago when he pulled his hamstring effectively ending his season. Or maybe not quite ending it, as the Star-Ledger reports that he’s about to go off on a rehab assignment in Florida.
He could still get a couple of big league games in at the end of September, but I don’t know what it would accomplish. When the Mets signed him to that extension it was for the long haul. The long haul play here seems to be to exercise caution with their superstar.
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)