Aug 30, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
It seems like eons ago that David Wright was getting a standing ovation at the All-Star Game at Citi Field and was putting together an MVP-caliber season. But it was less than a month ago when he pulled his hamstring effectively ending his season. Or maybe not quite ending it, as the Star-Ledger reports that he’s about to go off on a rehab assignment in Florida.
He could still get a couple of big league games in at the end of September, but I don’t know what it would accomplish. When the Mets signed him to that extension it was for the long haul. The long haul play here seems to be to exercise caution with their superstar.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)