Aug 30, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The Giants have activated outfielder Angel Pagan from the 60-day disabled list. He will lead off tonight against the Diamondbacks.
Pagan suffered the injury on May 25 when he hit a walk-off inside-the-park home run in the tenth inning against the Colorado Rockies. He went on the DL with a .688 OPS. In his absence, the Giants relied mainly on Gregor Blanco and Andres Torres, but they have posted an OPS of .650 and .644, respectively.
Now 32 years old, Pagan is finishing up the first year of a four-year, $40 million contract signed last December.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)