Aug 30, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The Giants have activated outfielder Angel Pagan from the 60-day disabled list. He will lead off tonight against the Diamondbacks.
Pagan suffered the injury on May 25 when he hit a walk-off inside-the-park home run in the tenth inning against the Colorado Rockies. He went on the DL with a .688 OPS. In his absence, the Giants relied mainly on Gregor Blanco and Andres Torres, but they have posted an OPS of .650 and .644, respectively.
Now 32 years old, Pagan is finishing up the first year of a four-year, $40 million contract signed last December.
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 0
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 17
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 42
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 20
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)