Aug 30, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
The Giants have activated outfielder Angel Pagan from the 60-day disabled list. He will lead off tonight against the Diamondbacks.
Pagan suffered the injury on May 25 when he hit a walk-off inside-the-park home run in the tenth inning against the Colorado Rockies. He went on the DL with a .688 OPS. In his absence, the Giants relied mainly on Gregor Blanco and Andres Torres, but they have posted an OPS of .650 and .644, respectively.
Now 32 years old, Pagan is finishing up the first year of a four-year, $40 million contract signed last December.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 37
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 120
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (120)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)