Aug 30, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
The Giants have activated outfielder Angel Pagan from the 60-day disabled list. He will lead off tonight against the Diamondbacks.
Pagan suffered the injury on May 25 when he hit a walk-off inside-the-park home run in the tenth inning against the Colorado Rockies. He went on the DL with a .688 OPS. In his absence, the Giants relied mainly on Gregor Blanco and Andres Torres, but they have posted an OPS of .650 and .644, respectively.
Now 32 years old, Pagan is finishing up the first year of a four-year, $40 million contract signed last December.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 10
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (77)