Aug 30, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
The Giants have activated outfielder Angel Pagan from the 60-day disabled list. He will lead off tonight against the Diamondbacks.
Pagan suffered the injury on May 25 when he hit a walk-off inside-the-park home run in the tenth inning against the Colorado Rockies. He went on the DL with a .688 OPS. In his absence, the Giants relied mainly on Gregor Blanco and Andres Torres, but they have posted an OPS of .650 and .644, respectively.
Now 32 years old, Pagan is finishing up the first year of a four-year, $40 million contract signed last December.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)