Aug 30, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
Justin Upton took a pitch to the left hand last night. Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that Upton is doing better and hopes to play tomorrow, but for now he needs to give it a rest. I guess they didn’t like the idea I floated this morning about B.J. donating his hand for a transplant. Oh well.
In other broken Braves outfielder news, Bowman reports that Jason Heyward has been cleared to do some light exercising following his jaw being surgically-repaired. He’s doing 30 minutes on an elliptical machine today. Which, let’s be honest, is more than most of you who went out and bought elliptical machines a couple of Januaries ago have done recently.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)