Aug 30, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
Justin Upton took a pitch to the left hand last night. Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that Upton is doing better and hopes to play tomorrow, but for now he needs to give it a rest. I guess they didn’t like the idea I floated this morning about B.J. donating his hand for a transplant. Oh well.
In other broken Braves outfielder news, Bowman reports that Jason Heyward has been cleared to do some light exercising following his jaw being surgically-repaired. He’s doing 30 minutes on an elliptical machine today. Which, let’s be honest, is more than most of you who went out and bought elliptical machines a couple of Januaries ago have done recently.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 54
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 26
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 27
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 38
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (100)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)