Aug 30, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
Justin Upton took a pitch to the left hand last night. Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that Upton is doing better and hopes to play tomorrow, but for now he needs to give it a rest. I guess they didn’t like the idea I floated this morning about B.J. donating his hand for a transplant. Oh well.
In other broken Braves outfielder news, Bowman reports that Jason Heyward has been cleared to do some light exercising following his jaw being surgically-repaired. He’s doing 30 minutes on an elliptical machine today. Which, let’s be honest, is more than most of you who went out and bought elliptical machines a couple of Januaries ago have done recently.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)