Aug 30, 2013, 4:51 PM EST
Justin Upton took a pitch to the left hand last night. Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that Upton is doing better and hopes to play tomorrow, but for now he needs to give it a rest. I guess they didn’t like the idea I floated this morning about B.J. donating his hand for a transplant. Oh well.
In other broken Braves outfielder news, Bowman reports that Jason Heyward has been cleared to do some light exercising following his jaw being surgically-repaired. He’s doing 30 minutes on an elliptical machine today. Which, let’s be honest, is more than most of you who went out and bought elliptical machines a couple of Januaries ago have done recently.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 7
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 54
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 68
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)