Aug 30, 2013, 12:19 PM EST
Tampa Bay’s plan for Matt Moore was to have him make a minor-league rehab start last night at Triple-A and then come off the disabled list to rejoin the rotation Tuesday after a month on the sidelines with an elbow injury.
That may still be the plan, but Moore allowed four runs on eight hits in four innings for Durham last night, striking out two and walking two.
However, the good news according to Eric Single of MLB.com is that Moore reached 95-96 miles per hour with his fastball and the 23-year-old All-Star didn’t seem worried about his tune-up performance. Before the injury Moore was 14-3 with a 3.41 ERA and 115 strikeouts in 121 innings, so the Rays’ chances of making the playoffs and making a deep postseason run depend an awful lot on the health of his left elbow.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 60
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 32
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)