Aug 30, 2013, 8:05 PM EDT
Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera left Thursday’s game with “abdominal discomfort” but felt good enough tonight to make the start at the hot corner against the Indians. Unfortunately, he was only able to go two innings tonight due to abdominal irritation, striking out in his only plate appearance. Andy Dirks took over at third base.
Miguel Cabrera has “irritation in his abdominal area,” the team says. He is day to day.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) August 30, 2013
Cabrera is once again the front runner in the AL MVP debate, ahead of Mike Trout and Chris Davis. He leads the league in batting average and RBI, and trails Davis in home runs by four as he attempts to take home a second consecutive Triple Crown.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)