Aug 30, 2013, 8:05 PM EDT
Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera left Thursday’s game with “abdominal discomfort” but felt good enough tonight to make the start at the hot corner against the Indians. Unfortunately, he was only able to go two innings tonight due to abdominal irritation, striking out in his only plate appearance. Andy Dirks took over at third base.
Miguel Cabrera has “irritation in his abdominal area,” the team says. He is day to day.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) August 30, 2013
Cabrera is once again the front runner in the AL MVP debate, ahead of Mike Trout and Chris Davis. He leads the league in batting average and RBI, and trails Davis in home runs by four as he attempts to take home a second consecutive Triple Crown.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 23
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)