Aug 30, 2013, 8:05 PM EST
Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera left Thursday’s game with “abdominal discomfort” but felt good enough tonight to make the start at the hot corner against the Indians. Unfortunately, he was only able to go two innings tonight due to abdominal irritation, striking out in his only plate appearance. Andy Dirks took over at third base.
Miguel Cabrera has “irritation in his abdominal area,” the team says. He is day to day.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) August 30, 2013
Cabrera is once again the front runner in the AL MVP debate, ahead of Mike Trout and Chris Davis. He leads the league in batting average and RBI, and trails Davis in home runs by four as he attempts to take home a second consecutive Triple Crown.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)