Aug 30, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
Shortly after adding a right-handed bat in Michael Morse the Orioles have added a left-handed bat in Dan Johnson, signing the veteran first baseman to a minor-league deal after he opted out of a deal with the Yankees.
Johnson has spent all season playing at Triple-A for the Yankees, hitting .253 with 21 homers and an .826 OPS in 133 games. Morse’s arrival hurts Johnson’s odds of being more than a pinch-hitter down the stretch, but he’s certainly provided some memorable late-season memories in a limited role before.
Against the Yankees, in fact.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)