Aug 30, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
I spoke a bit yesterday about how the Nationals have a relatively easy ride the rest of the way as they make a late season surge. But the Indians may have it even easier. Sure, they just got swept by the Braves and have series against Detroit and Baltimore straight ahead. But if they get through that without getting totally obliterated they have this to close out the season:
Mets-Royals-White Sox-Royals-Astros-White Sox-Twins.
Cleveland has had a heck of a time with good teams, particularly the Tigers, but that schedule has to give them hope.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)