Aug 30, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
I spoke a bit yesterday about how the Nationals have a relatively easy ride the rest of the way as they make a late season surge. But the Indians may have it even easier. Sure, they just got swept by the Braves and have series against Detroit and Baltimore straight ahead. But if they get through that without getting totally obliterated they have this to close out the season:
Mets-Royals-White Sox-Royals-Astros-White Sox-Twins.
Cleveland has had a heck of a time with good teams, particularly the Tigers, but that schedule has to give them hope.
- Report: D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 28
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 4
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 40
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 25
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)