Aug 30, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
I spoke a bit yesterday about how the Nationals have a relatively easy ride the rest of the way as they make a late season surge. But the Indians may have it even easier. Sure, they just got swept by the Braves and have series against Detroit and Baltimore straight ahead. But if they get through that without getting totally obliterated they have this to close out the season:
Mets-Royals-White Sox-Royals-Astros-White Sox-Twins.
Cleveland has had a heck of a time with good teams, particularly the Tigers, but that schedule has to give them hope.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)