Aug 30, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer is reporting that the Reds will be promoting outfield prospect Billy Hamilton from Triple-A Louisville on Monday after rosters have expanded.
Hamilton was rated the #20 overall prospect by Baseball America going into the season. In 356 trips to the plate, he has hit just .256 with a .308 on-base percentage, but he has also stolen 75 bases in 90 attempts.
Hamilton has the chance to make an impact on the Reds’ post-season chances as they are 3.5 games out of first place in the NL Central and lead the second Wild Card by six games. The Reds lack a legitimate base-stealing threat as Shin-Soo Choo leads the team with 16 steals, but he has also been caught 10 times.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)