Aug 30, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer is reporting that the Reds will be promoting outfield prospect Billy Hamilton from Triple-A Louisville on Monday after rosters have expanded.
Hamilton was rated the #20 overall prospect by Baseball America going into the season. In 356 trips to the plate, he has hit just .256 with a .308 on-base percentage, but he has also stolen 75 bases in 90 attempts.
Hamilton has the chance to make an impact on the Reds’ post-season chances as they are 3.5 games out of first place in the NL Central and lead the second Wild Card by six games. The Reds lack a legitimate base-stealing threat as Shin-Soo Choo leads the team with 16 steals, but he has also been caught 10 times.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 7
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 7
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 17
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 59
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 23
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)