Aug 30, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer is reporting that the Reds will be promoting outfield prospect Billy Hamilton from Triple-A Louisville on Monday after rosters have expanded.
Hamilton was rated the #20 overall prospect by Baseball America going into the season. In 356 trips to the plate, he has hit just .256 with a .308 on-base percentage, but he has also stolen 75 bases in 90 attempts.
Hamilton has the chance to make an impact on the Reds’ post-season chances as they are 3.5 games out of first place in the NL Central and lead the second Wild Card by six games. The Reds lack a legitimate base-stealing threat as Shin-Soo Choo leads the team with 16 steals, but he has also been caught 10 times.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 6
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)