Aug 30, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer is reporting that the Reds will be promoting outfield prospect Billy Hamilton from Triple-A Louisville on Monday after rosters have expanded.
Hamilton was rated the #20 overall prospect by Baseball America going into the season. In 356 trips to the plate, he has hit just .256 with a .308 on-base percentage, but he has also stolen 75 bases in 90 attempts.
Hamilton has the chance to make an impact on the Reds’ post-season chances as they are 3.5 games out of first place in the NL Central and lead the second Wild Card by six games. The Reds lack a legitimate base-stealing threat as Shin-Soo Choo leads the team with 16 steals, but he has also been caught 10 times.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)