Aug 30, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
A little early with these for a Friday. MLB must be getting out of town for a long weekend someplace. That’s nice.
Not so nice for these three Astros farm hands, however:
Shortstop Jose Fernandez, first baseman Michael Martinez and outfielder D’andre Toney have each been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. Fernandez is currently on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Astros while Martinez and Toney are on the roster of the Single-A Tri-City ValleyCats of the New York-Penn League.
Everyone have a safe Labor Day weekend. And stay away from amphetamines.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (115)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)