Aug 30, 2013, 3:12 PM EST
A little early with these for a Friday. MLB must be getting out of town for a long weekend someplace. That’s nice.
Not so nice for these three Astros farm hands, however:
Shortstop Jose Fernandez, first baseman Michael Martinez and outfielder D’andre Toney have each been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. Fernandez is currently on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Astros while Martinez and Toney are on the roster of the Single-A Tri-City ValleyCats of the New York-Penn League.
Everyone have a safe Labor Day weekend. And stay away from amphetamines.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)