Aug 30, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
A little early with these for a Friday. MLB must be getting out of town for a long weekend someplace. That’s nice.
Not so nice for these three Astros farm hands, however:
Shortstop Jose Fernandez, first baseman Michael Martinez and outfielder D’andre Toney have each been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. Fernandez is currently on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Astros while Martinez and Toney are on the roster of the Single-A Tri-City ValleyCats of the New York-Penn League.
Everyone have a safe Labor Day weekend. And stay away from amphetamines.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)