Aug 31, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
According to Chad Jennings of the Journal News, Alex Rodriguez was scratched from today’s lineup against the Orioles due to flu-like symptoms. In his absence, Mark Reynolds will slot in at third base while Lyle Overbay will play first base.
Rodriguez is hitting .333 (7-for-21) with two home runs and four RBI during his current six-game hitting streak, so he’ll be missed as the Yankees attempt to jump the Orioles in the AL Wild Card race. However, there’s a good chance he’ll be ready to go in the next day or so.
Rodriguez is batting .280/.359/.451 with four home runs, 10 RBI, and an .810 OPS in 92 plate appearances since joining the Yankees last month.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)