Aug 31, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
According to Chad Jennings of the Journal News, Alex Rodriguez was scratched from today’s lineup against the Orioles due to flu-like symptoms. In his absence, Mark Reynolds will slot in at third base while Lyle Overbay will play first base.
Rodriguez is hitting .333 (7-for-21) with two home runs and four RBI during his current six-game hitting streak, so he’ll be missed as the Yankees attempt to jump the Orioles in the AL Wild Card race. However, there’s a good chance he’ll be ready to go in the next day or so.
Rodriguez is batting .280/.359/.451 with four home runs, 10 RBI, and an .810 OPS in 92 plate appearances since joining the Yankees last month.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)