Aug 31, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
According to Chad Jennings of the Journal News, Alex Rodriguez was scratched from today’s lineup against the Orioles due to flu-like symptoms. In his absence, Mark Reynolds will slot in at third base while Lyle Overbay will play first base.
Rodriguez is hitting .333 (7-for-21) with two home runs and four RBI during his current six-game hitting streak, so he’ll be missed as the Yankees attempt to jump the Orioles in the AL Wild Card race. However, there’s a good chance he’ll be ready to go in the next day or so.
Rodriguez is batting .280/.359/.451 with four home runs, 10 RBI, and an .810 OPS in 92 plate appearances since joining the Yankees last month.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)