Aug 31, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
According to Chad Jennings of the Journal News, Alex Rodriguez was scratched from today’s lineup against the Orioles due to flu-like symptoms. In his absence, Mark Reynolds will slot in at third base while Lyle Overbay will play first base.
Rodriguez is hitting .333 (7-for-21) with two home runs and four RBI during his current six-game hitting streak, so he’ll be missed as the Yankees attempt to jump the Orioles in the AL Wild Card race. However, there’s a good chance he’ll be ready to go in the next day or so.
Rodriguez is batting .280/.359/.451 with four home runs, 10 RBI, and an .810 OPS in 92 plate appearances since joining the Yankees last month.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 0
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)