Aug 31, 2013, 11:04 PM EST
With an hour left in August, the Dodgers have acquired infielder Michael Young from the Phillies, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Young will be eligible for the post-season roster.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) September 1, 2013
Rosenthal reports that the Phillies will receive 24-year-old left-handed Minor League pitcher Rob Rasmussen. He spent this season between Double-A Chattanooga and Triple-A Albuquerque, posting an aggregate 4.11 ERA with mediocre strikeout and walk rates. He was originally selected by the Marlins in the second round of the 2010 draft.
Young, who turns 37 years old in October, went 3-for-5 today against the Cubs, continuing a torrid stretch of hitting. It was his fifth multi-hit game in his last six games, including a 4-for-5 performance last night. Overall, he has been about average offensively, but his defense has made him one of the league’s least valuable players according to Baseball Reference.
Young is eligible for free agency after the season.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 150
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (150)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)