Aug 31, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT
With an hour left in August, the Dodgers have acquired infielder Michael Young from the Phillies, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Young will be eligible for the post-season roster.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) September 1, 2013
Rosenthal reports that the Phillies will receive 24-year-old left-handed Minor League pitcher Rob Rasmussen. He spent this season between Double-A Chattanooga and Triple-A Albuquerque, posting an aggregate 4.11 ERA with mediocre strikeout and walk rates. He was originally selected by the Marlins in the second round of the 2010 draft.
Young, who turns 37 years old in October, went 3-for-5 today against the Cubs, continuing a torrid stretch of hitting. It was his fifth multi-hit game in his last six games, including a 4-for-5 performance last night. Overall, he has been about average offensively, but his defense has made him one of the league’s least valuable players according to Baseball Reference.
Young is eligible for free agency after the season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)