Aug 31, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
According to Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com, Twins general manager Terry Ryan said that Mauer ramped up his exercises on Friday. He’s expected to progress to hitting off a tee today.
Mauer landed on the 7-day concussion disabled list after he took two foul balls off his facemask on August 19. There’s no clear timetable for his return and it’s unclear whether he’ll do so as a catcher. Our own Aaron Gleeman wrote a lengthy piece earlier this week regarding a possible position change.
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 129
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (130)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)