Aug 31, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
According to Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com, Twins general manager Terry Ryan said that Mauer ramped up his exercises on Friday. He’s expected to progress to hitting off a tee today.
Mauer landed on the 7-day concussion disabled list after he took two foul balls off his facemask on August 19. There’s no clear timetable for his return and it’s unclear whether he’ll do so as a catcher. Our own Aaron Gleeman wrote a lengthy piece earlier this week regarding a possible position change.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)