Aug 31, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
According to Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com, Twins general manager Terry Ryan said that Mauer ramped up his exercises on Friday. He’s expected to progress to hitting off a tee today.
Mauer landed on the 7-day concussion disabled list after he took two foul balls off his facemask on August 19. There’s no clear timetable for his return and it’s unclear whether he’ll do so as a catcher. Our own Aaron Gleeman wrote a lengthy piece earlier this week regarding a possible position change.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 289
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)