Aug 31, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
According to Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com, Twins general manager Terry Ryan said that Mauer ramped up his exercises on Friday. He’s expected to progress to hitting off a tee today.
Mauer landed on the 7-day concussion disabled list after he took two foul balls off his facemask on August 19. There’s no clear timetable for his return and it’s unclear whether he’ll do so as a catcher. Our own Aaron Gleeman wrote a lengthy piece earlier this week regarding a possible position change.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)