Sep 1, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Langwell, 27, made his Major League debut on June 2 with the Indians. He allowed one run in one and one-third innings. He would make four more appearances before going back to Triple-A Columbus. Overall, he has a 2.24 ERA with Columbus, striking out 52 and walking 19 in 60.1 innings of work.
Kubel, designated for assignment by the Diamondbacks on August 27, made his Indians debut today against the Tigers, going 1-for-3 with a walk. The Diamondbacks had been using him infrequently, mostly as a pinch-hitter as he has been struggling at the plate this year.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11