Sep 1, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Langwell, 27, made his Major League debut on June 2 with the Indians. He allowed one run in one and one-third innings. He would make four more appearances before going back to Triple-A Columbus. Overall, he has a 2.24 ERA with Columbus, striking out 52 and walking 19 in 60.1 innings of work.
Kubel, designated for assignment by the Diamondbacks on August 27, made his Indians debut today against the Tigers, going 1-for-3 with a walk. The Diamondbacks had been using him infrequently, mostly as a pinch-hitter as he has been struggling at the plate this year.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- Who really owns a home run ball? 59
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)