Sep 1, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Langwell, 27, made his Major League debut on June 2 with the Indians. He allowed one run in one and one-third innings. He would make four more appearances before going back to Triple-A Columbus. Overall, he has a 2.24 ERA with Columbus, striking out 52 and walking 19 in 60.1 innings of work.
Kubel, designated for assignment by the Diamondbacks on August 27, made his Indians debut today against the Tigers, going 1-for-3 with a walk. The Diamondbacks had been using him infrequently, mostly as a pinch-hitter as he has been struggling at the plate this year.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (252)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)