Sep 1, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Langwell, 27, made his Major League debut on June 2 with the Indians. He allowed one run in one and one-third innings. He would make four more appearances before going back to Triple-A Columbus. Overall, he has a 2.24 ERA with Columbus, striking out 52 and walking 19 in 60.1 innings of work.
Kubel, designated for assignment by the Diamondbacks on August 27, made his Indians debut today against the Tigers, going 1-for-3 with a walk. The Diamondbacks had been using him infrequently, mostly as a pinch-hitter as he has been struggling at the plate this year.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)