Sep 1, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has the story:
Matt Kemp, who is hitless in the first three games of his minor league rehabilitation assignment, will not return to the Dodgers on Monday.
“He doesn’t feel good yet at the plate,” Manager Don Mattingly said Sunday. “He’s not pushing us to say, ‘I want to be there tomorrow.'”
Kemp is 0-for-11 with five strikeouts through his first three rehab games with High-A Rancho Cucamonga and has hit just one ball out of the infield. The good news is that he has reported no issues with his left ankle, which he sprained on July 21. The 28-year-old center fielder should be activated once he gets his timing right.
Kemp has appeared in only 62 games this season for the Dodgers and has batted just .263/.319/.382.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)