Sep 1, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has the story:
Matt Kemp, who is hitless in the first three games of his minor league rehabilitation assignment, will not return to the Dodgers on Monday.
“He doesn’t feel good yet at the plate,” Manager Don Mattingly said Sunday. “He’s not pushing us to say, ‘I want to be there tomorrow.’”
Kemp is 0-for-11 with five strikeouts through his first three rehab games with High-A Rancho Cucamonga and has hit just one ball out of the infield. The good news is that he has reported no issues with his left ankle, which he sprained on July 21. The 28-year-old center fielder should be activated once he gets his timing right.
Kemp has appeared in only 62 games this season for the Dodgers and has batted just .263/.319/.382.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)