Sep 1, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has the story:
Matt Kemp, who is hitless in the first three games of his minor league rehabilitation assignment, will not return to the Dodgers on Monday.
“He doesn’t feel good yet at the plate,” Manager Don Mattingly said Sunday. “He’s not pushing us to say, ‘I want to be there tomorrow.'”
Kemp is 0-for-11 with five strikeouts through his first three rehab games with High-A Rancho Cucamonga and has hit just one ball out of the infield. The good news is that he has reported no issues with his left ankle, which he sprained on July 21. The 28-year-old center fielder should be activated once he gets his timing right.
Kemp has appeared in only 62 games this season for the Dodgers and has batted just .263/.319/.382.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)