Sep 1, 2013, 4:37 PM EST
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times has the story:
Matt Kemp, who is hitless in the first three games of his minor league rehabilitation assignment, will not return to the Dodgers on Monday.
“He doesn’t feel good yet at the plate,” Manager Don Mattingly said Sunday. “He’s not pushing us to say, ‘I want to be there tomorrow.'”
Kemp is 0-for-11 with five strikeouts through his first three rehab games with High-A Rancho Cucamonga and has hit just one ball out of the infield. The good news is that he has reported no issues with his left ankle, which he sprained on July 21. The 28-year-old center fielder should be activated once he gets his timing right.
Kemp has appeared in only 62 games this season for the Dodgers and has batted just .263/.319/.382.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)