Sep 1, 2013, 2:25 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi comes word that the Rangers have activated Lance Berkman and Neftali Feliz from their respective disabled list stints as part of a collection of roster moves coinciding with the September 1 expansion of major league rosters.
Berkman has been sidelined since the first week of July with hip and knee issues and is expected to have a limited role out of the gate. The 37-year-old has made only 379 plate appearances since the beginning of the 2012 season and was said to be considering sudden retirement earlier this summer.
Feliz has been rehabbing from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery for the past 14 months. He’ll be used as a reliever through the end of the 2013 regular season and playoffs, but the talented 25-year-old right-hander should be given the opportunity to pitch his way back into a rotation spot next spring.
Texas (79-56) is currently two games up on Oakland (77-58) in the American League West standings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)