Sep 1, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
From FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi comes word that the Rangers have activated Lance Berkman and Neftali Feliz from their respective disabled list stints as part of a collection of roster moves coinciding with the September 1 expansion of major league rosters.
Berkman has been sidelined since the first week of July with hip and knee issues and is expected to have a limited role out of the gate. The 37-year-old has made only 379 plate appearances since the beginning of the 2012 season and was said to be considering sudden retirement earlier this summer.
Feliz has been rehabbing from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery for the past 14 months. He’ll be used as a reliever through the end of the 2013 regular season and playoffs, but the talented 25-year-old right-hander should be given the opportunity to pitch his way back into a rotation spot next spring.
Texas (79-56) is currently two games up on Oakland (77-58) in the American League West standings.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)