Sep 1, 2013, 2:25 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi comes word that the Rangers have activated Lance Berkman and Neftali Feliz from their respective disabled list stints as part of a collection of roster moves coinciding with the September 1 expansion of major league rosters.
Berkman has been sidelined since the first week of July with hip and knee issues and is expected to have a limited role out of the gate. The 37-year-old has made only 379 plate appearances since the beginning of the 2012 season and was said to be considering sudden retirement earlier this summer.
Feliz has been rehabbing from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery for the past 14 months. He’ll be used as a reliever through the end of the 2013 regular season and playoffs, but the talented 25-year-old right-hander should be given the opportunity to pitch his way back into a rotation spot next spring.
Texas (79-56) is currently two games up on Oakland (77-58) in the American League West standings.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)