Sep 1, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
The Indians are collapsing with just one month to go.
Scott Kazmir allowed four earned runs in five innings and the bullpen let in another six as Cleveland fell to Detroit 10-5 on Saturday night at Comerica Park. It was the Indians’ sixth consecutive loss and it’ll leave them with a 12-16 record for the month of August.
The Indians now trail the Tigers by a whopping 8 1/2 games for the top spot in the American League Central standings. They are 4 1/2 games back in the chase for the two American League Wild Card spots.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Marlins 4, Braves 5 (11 innings)
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)