Sep 1, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
The Indians are collapsing with just one month to go.
Scott Kazmir allowed four earned runs in five innings and the bullpen let in another six as Cleveland fell to Detroit 10-5 on Saturday night at Comerica Park. It was the Indians’ sixth consecutive loss and it’ll leave them with a 12-16 record for the month of August.
The Indians now trail the Tigers by a whopping 8 1/2 games for the top spot in the American League Central standings. They are 4 1/2 games back in the chase for the two American League Wild Card spots.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Marlins 4, Braves 5 (11 innings)
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 5
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 40
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)