Sep 1, 2013, 8:52 AM EDT
The Indians are collapsing with just one month to go.
Scott Kazmir allowed four earned runs in five innings and the bullpen let in another six as Cleveland fell to Detroit 10-5 on Saturday night at Comerica Park. It was the Indians’ sixth consecutive loss and it’ll leave them with a 12-16 record for the month of August.
The Indians now trail the Tigers by a whopping 8 1/2 games for the top spot in the American League Central standings. They are 4 1/2 games back in the chase for the two American League Wild Card spots.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Marlins 4, Braves 5 (11 innings)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)