Sep 1, 2013, 8:52 AM EST
The Indians are collapsing with just one month to go.
Scott Kazmir allowed four earned runs in five innings and the bullpen let in another six as Cleveland fell to Detroit 10-5 on Saturday night at Comerica Park. It was the Indians’ sixth consecutive loss and it’ll leave them with a 12-16 record for the month of August.
The Indians now trail the Tigers by a whopping 8 1/2 games for the top spot in the American League Central standings. They are 4 1/2 games back in the chase for the two American League Wild Card spots.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Marlins 4, Braves 5 (11 innings)
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)