Sep 2, 2013, 9:28 PM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez was hoping to rejoin the Rockies as soon as tomorrow after missing nearly a month with a sprained right middle finger, but that’s not going to happen.
Gonzalez went 1-for-6 with a walk over his first two rehab games with Triple-A Colorado Springs, but Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that he was scratched from the lineup tonight because his finger is still bothering him. Not only will his return be pushed back, but it’s legitimate to wonder whether the Rockies will just shut him down for the rest of the season at this point.
Gonzalez has been a monster when on the field this season, batting .302/.367/.591 with 26 home runs, 70 RBI, and 20 stolen bases over 103 games. He has never played more than 145 games in a season.
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 2
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 11
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 71
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 24
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)