Sep 2, 2013, 9:28 PM EST
Carlos Gonzalez was hoping to rejoin the Rockies as soon as tomorrow after missing nearly a month with a sprained right middle finger, but that’s not going to happen.
Gonzalez went 1-for-6 with a walk over his first two rehab games with Triple-A Colorado Springs, but Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that he was scratched from the lineup tonight because his finger is still bothering him. Not only will his return be pushed back, but it’s legitimate to wonder whether the Rockies will just shut him down for the rest of the season at this point.
Gonzalez has been a monster when on the field this season, batting .302/.367/.591 with 26 home runs, 70 RBI, and 20 stolen bases over 103 games. He has never played more than 145 games in a season.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 99
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 366
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (366)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (101)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)