Sep 2, 2013, 9:28 PM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez was hoping to rejoin the Rockies as soon as tomorrow after missing nearly a month with a sprained right middle finger, but that’s not going to happen.
Gonzalez went 1-for-6 with a walk over his first two rehab games with Triple-A Colorado Springs, but Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that he was scratched from the lineup tonight because his finger is still bothering him. Not only will his return be pushed back, but it’s legitimate to wonder whether the Rockies will just shut him down for the rest of the season at this point.
Gonzalez has been a monster when on the field this season, batting .302/.367/.591 with 26 home runs, 70 RBI, and 20 stolen bases over 103 games. He has never played more than 145 games in a season.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)