Sep 2, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
There’s been speculation that the reason the Mariners haven’t made an official announcement about extending general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract for next season is that they weren’t sure about bringing back manager Eric Wedge.
However, during an appearance on Jim Bowden’s radio show Zduriencik indicated that he expects Wedge to remain the manager for next season. And he also continued to dance around his own contract status, refusing to talk about it.
This is the Mariners’ third season with the Zduriencik-Wedge pairing and they’ve gone 67-95, 75-87, and now 62-74, showing little overall progress. Officially both men are without a contract for 2014, but reports of Zduriencik having an extension in place surfaced several weeks ago.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 59
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)