Sep 2, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
There’s been speculation that the reason the Mariners haven’t made an official announcement about extending general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract for next season is that they weren’t sure about bringing back manager Eric Wedge.
However, during an appearance on Jim Bowden’s radio show Zduriencik indicated that he expects Wedge to remain the manager for next season. And he also continued to dance around his own contract status, refusing to talk about it.
This is the Mariners’ third season with the Zduriencik-Wedge pairing and they’ve gone 67-95, 75-87, and now 62-74, showing little overall progress. Officially both men are without a contract for 2014, but reports of Zduriencik having an extension in place surfaced several weeks ago.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 14
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 54
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)