Sep 2, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
There’s been speculation that the reason the Mariners haven’t made an official announcement about extending general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract for next season is that they weren’t sure about bringing back manager Eric Wedge.
However, during an appearance on Jim Bowden’s radio show Zduriencik indicated that he expects Wedge to remain the manager for next season. And he also continued to dance around his own contract status, refusing to talk about it.
This is the Mariners’ third season with the Zduriencik-Wedge pairing and they’ve gone 67-95, 75-87, and now 62-74, showing little overall progress. Officially both men are without a contract for 2014, but reports of Zduriencik having an extension in place surfaced several weeks ago.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 8
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 59
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)