Sep 2, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
There’s been speculation that the reason the Mariners haven’t made an official announcement about extending general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract for next season is that they weren’t sure about bringing back manager Eric Wedge.
However, during an appearance on Jim Bowden’s radio show Zduriencik indicated that he expects Wedge to remain the manager for next season. And he also continued to dance around his own contract status, refusing to talk about it.
This is the Mariners’ third season with the Zduriencik-Wedge pairing and they’ve gone 67-95, 75-87, and now 62-74, showing little overall progress. Officially both men are without a contract for 2014, but reports of Zduriencik having an extension in place surfaced several weeks ago.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 61
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11