Sep 2, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
There’s been speculation that the reason the Mariners haven’t made an official announcement about extending general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract for next season is that they weren’t sure about bringing back manager Eric Wedge.
However, during an appearance on Jim Bowden’s radio show Zduriencik indicated that he expects Wedge to remain the manager for next season. And he also continued to dance around his own contract status, refusing to talk about it.
This is the Mariners’ third season with the Zduriencik-Wedge pairing and they’ve gone 67-95, 75-87, and now 62-74, showing little overall progress. Officially both men are without a contract for 2014, but reports of Zduriencik having an extension in place surfaced several weeks ago.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 36
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)