Sep 2, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Masterson exited his start with soreness in his left rib cage.
4:34 p.m. ET: Bad news for the Tribe as their number one starter, Justin Masterson, was removed during the second inning of today’s Orioles-Indians game. It’s unclear why he left, but reporters covering the game tweeted that his velocity was down and, just prior to leaving, Masterson was throwing nothing but offspeed stuff.
Masterson is 14-9 on the year with a 3.47 ERA in 189.1 innings entering today’s action. If he’s out for any extended amount of time, the Indians are going to be in big trouble.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)