Sep 2, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
Weird year for Harang. Overall he compiled a 5-11 record with a 5.76 ERA. Not great, but mixed in there were two shutouts and five starts in which he allowed just one run. So you can imagine how bad the rest of it was. He still strikes out guys and walks relatively few, but he’s homer-prone.
Put him in Citi Field and give him a better outfield defense behind him than the Mariners’ D — which has been one of the worst in the league — and the mights might get some decent starts out of him as they give him a look-see for 2014.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)