Sep 2, 2013, 9:48 AM EST
Weird year for Harang. Overall he compiled a 5-11 record with a 5.76 ERA. Not great, but mixed in there were two shutouts and five starts in which he allowed just one run. So you can imagine how bad the rest of it was. He still strikes out guys and walks relatively few, but he’s homer-prone.
Put him in Citi Field and give him a better outfield defense behind him than the Mariners’ D — which has been one of the worst in the league — and the mights might get some decent starts out of him as they give him a look-see for 2014.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)