Sep 2, 2013, 9:48 AM EST
Weird year for Harang. Overall he compiled a 5-11 record with a 5.76 ERA. Not great, but mixed in there were two shutouts and five starts in which he allowed just one run. So you can imagine how bad the rest of it was. He still strikes out guys and walks relatively few, but he’s homer-prone.
Put him in Citi Field and give him a better outfield defense behind him than the Mariners’ D — which has been one of the worst in the league — and the mights might get some decent starts out of him as they give him a look-see for 2014.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)