Sep 2, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
Weird year for Harang. Overall he compiled a 5-11 record with a 5.76 ERA. Not great, but mixed in there were two shutouts and five starts in which he allowed just one run. So you can imagine how bad the rest of it was. He still strikes out guys and walks relatively few, but he’s homer-prone.
Put him in Citi Field and give him a better outfield defense behind him than the Mariners’ D — which has been one of the worst in the league — and the mights might get some decent starts out of him as they give him a look-see for 2014.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 9
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 82
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (82)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)