Sep 2, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
I’m not sure who the Mets pissed off back at MLB scheduling, but their turnaround today is pretty brutal.
They played the ESPN Sunday Night game last night, ending a little after 11PM last night. Today they have a 1:10 PM start in Atlanta, for the old day-game-after-a-night-game-in-a-totally-different-city special. Their opponent from last night — the Nats — had to travel too, but it was a short jaunt to Philly where they get to play a night game. The Mets reportedly made it to their Atlanta hotel rooms at 4AM.
Is there any reason why that had to happen? Seems pretty brutal to me.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 100
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (150)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)