Sep 2, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
I’m not sure who the Mets pissed off back at MLB scheduling, but their turnaround today is pretty brutal.
They played the ESPN Sunday Night game last night, ending a little after 11PM last night. Today they have a 1:10 PM start in Atlanta, for the old day-game-after-a-night-game-in-a-totally-different-city special. Their opponent from last night — the Nats — had to travel too, but it was a short jaunt to Philly where they get to play a night game. The Mets reportedly made it to their Atlanta hotel rooms at 4AM.
Is there any reason why that had to happen? Seems pretty brutal to me.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 75
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)