Sep 2, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
I’m not sure who the Mets pissed off back at MLB scheduling, but their turnaround today is pretty brutal.
They played the ESPN Sunday Night game last night, ending a little after 11PM last night. Today they have a 1:10 PM start in Atlanta, for the old day-game-after-a-night-game-in-a-totally-different-city special. Their opponent from last night — the Nats — had to travel too, but it was a short jaunt to Philly where they get to play a night game. The Mets reportedly made it to their Atlanta hotel rooms at 4AM.
Is there any reason why that had to happen? Seems pretty brutal to me.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 136
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 83
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (153)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (84)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)