Sep 2, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
I’m not sure who the Mets pissed off back at MLB scheduling, but their turnaround today is pretty brutal.
They played the ESPN Sunday Night game last night, ending a little after 11PM last night. Today they have a 1:10 PM start in Atlanta, for the old day-game-after-a-night-game-in-a-totally-different-city special. Their opponent from last night — the Nats — had to travel too, but it was a short jaunt to Philly where they get to play a night game. The Mets reportedly made it to their Atlanta hotel rooms at 4AM.
Is there any reason why that had to happen? Seems pretty brutal to me.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 19
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)