Sep 2, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
I’m not sure who the Mets pissed off back at MLB scheduling, but their turnaround today is pretty brutal.
They played the ESPN Sunday Night game last night, ending a little after 11PM last night. Today they have a 1:10 PM start in Atlanta, for the old day-game-after-a-night-game-in-a-totally-different-city special. Their opponent from last night — the Nats — had to travel too, but it was a short jaunt to Philly where they get to play a night game. The Mets reportedly made it to their Atlanta hotel rooms at 4AM.
Is there any reason why that had to happen? Seems pretty brutal to me.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)