Sep 2, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
The Tribune reports that a couple of guys from the Philly suburbs broke into Wrigley Field Saturday night/Sunday morning. They were pros. They went right for the valuable stuff:
Kevin Burge and Steven Gudknecht, both 25, were charged with misdemeanor trespassing when they were arrested at Wrigley about 3:45 a.m., police said. Team security spotted them on closed-circuit cameras, entering the stadium, and when police arrived, the two were “found on the field, as they were trying to get ivy,” said Chicago Cubs spokesman Julian Green.
Or were they trying to stash Andre Dawson’s body where it wouldn’t be found for years?!
The two are from Chalfont, Pennsylvania. The Tribune presumes they were in town for the Phillies series. Now they’ll be back in town at the end of September for a court date.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 23
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)