Sep 2, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
The Tribune reports that a couple of guys from the Philly suburbs broke into Wrigley Field Saturday night/Sunday morning. They were pros. They went right for the valuable stuff:
Kevin Burge and Steven Gudknecht, both 25, were charged with misdemeanor trespassing when they were arrested at Wrigley about 3:45 a.m., police said. Team security spotted them on closed-circuit cameras, entering the stadium, and when police arrived, the two were “found on the field, as they were trying to get ivy,” said Chicago Cubs spokesman Julian Green.
Or were they trying to stash Andre Dawson’s body where it wouldn’t be found for years?!
The two are from Chalfont, Pennsylvania. The Tribune presumes they were in town for the Phillies series. Now they’ll be back in town at the end of September for a court date.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 4
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 1
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 7
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)