Sep 2, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
The Tribune reports that a couple of guys from the Philly suburbs broke into Wrigley Field Saturday night/Sunday morning. They were pros. They went right for the valuable stuff:
Kevin Burge and Steven Gudknecht, both 25, were charged with misdemeanor trespassing when they were arrested at Wrigley about 3:45 a.m., police said. Team security spotted them on closed-circuit cameras, entering the stadium, and when police arrived, the two were “found on the field, as they were trying to get ivy,” said Chicago Cubs spokesman Julian Green.
Or were they trying to stash Andre Dawson’s body where it wouldn’t be found for years?!
The two are from Chalfont, Pennsylvania. The Tribune presumes they were in town for the Phillies series. Now they’ll be back in town at the end of September for a court date.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)