Sep 2, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
The Tribune reports that a couple of guys from the Philly suburbs broke into Wrigley Field Saturday night/Sunday morning. They were pros. They went right for the valuable stuff:
Kevin Burge and Steven Gudknecht, both 25, were charged with misdemeanor trespassing when they were arrested at Wrigley about 3:45 a.m., police said. Team security spotted them on closed-circuit cameras, entering the stadium, and when police arrived, the two were “found on the field, as they were trying to get ivy,” said Chicago Cubs spokesman Julian Green.
Or were they trying to stash Andre Dawson’s body where it wouldn’t be found for years?!
The two are from Chalfont, Pennsylvania. The Tribune presumes they were in town for the Phillies series. Now they’ll be back in town at the end of September for a court date.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 58
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)