Sep 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Flowers is expected to miss 3-6 months, which means he may not be ready for the beginning of next season.
Flowers had already lost the starting job to Josh Phegley, although he’s been nearly as bad as Flowers and it’s unclear what the White Sox’s plan behind the plate for next season will be. As a group Chicago catchers have hit .201 with a .592 OPS that ranks second-worst in all of baseball ahead of only Miami.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 9
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 48
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 22
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 112
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 82
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (112)