Sep 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Flowers is expected to miss 3-6 months, which means he may not be ready for the beginning of next season.
Flowers had already lost the starting job to Josh Phegley, although he’s been nearly as bad as Flowers and it’s unclear what the White Sox’s plan behind the plate for next season will be. As a group Chicago catchers have hit .201 with a .592 OPS that ranks second-worst in all of baseball ahead of only Miami.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)