Sep 2, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com reports that Flowers is expected to miss 3-6 months, which means he may not be ready for the beginning of next season.
Flowers had already lost the starting job to Josh Phegley, although he’s been nearly as bad as Flowers and it’s unclear what the White Sox’s plan behind the plate for next season will be. As a group Chicago catchers have hit .201 with a .592 OPS that ranks second-worst in all of baseball ahead of only Miami.
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 0
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 13
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)