Sep 2, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Yadier Molina exited today’s game against the Reds in the fourth inning with what the Cardinals announced left wrist soreness.
Molina, who spent two weeks on the disabled list with a knee injury last month, was previously bothered by wrist problems during the World Baseball Classic this spring. Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch notes that he’s played through “nagging soreness.”
Molina has been amazing this season, hitting .329 with 10 homers and an .856 OPS in 113 games in addition to being the majors’ best defensive catcher. Veteran backup Rob Johnson replaced him following the injury.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 64
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29