Sep 2, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Yadier Molina exited today’s game against the Reds in the fourth inning with what the Cardinals announced left wrist soreness.
Molina, who spent two weeks on the disabled list with a knee injury last month, was previously bothered by wrist problems during the World Baseball Classic this spring. Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch notes that he’s played through “nagging soreness.”
Molina has been amazing this season, hitting .329 with 10 homers and an .856 OPS in 113 games in addition to being the majors’ best defensive catcher. Veteran backup Rob Johnson replaced him following the injury.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 0
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15