Sep 3, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
Bryce Harper is clearly hurting. He can’t run at full speed and is hobbling. So, is someone going to do something to ensure the future of the franchise doesn’t play himself into a thick, pasty goo? From CSNWashington.com, here’s Davey Johnson:
“I was a little disturbed that I wasn’t informed that he was having some treatment on his hip,” Johnson said. “But every time anybody talks to Harp, he says: ‘I’m fine, I’m fine, I’m fine.’ So I’m going to stick with him.”
So the manager with decades and decades of experience is going to take the word of a kid who has already established that he will run through walls in the name of playing hard and just let him keep going out there? Sounds cool to me.
I guess this is what happens when you are managing your last few games after declaring “World Series or Bust” at the beginning of the year.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 88
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)