Sep 3, 2013, 2:25 PM EST
Bryce Harper is clearly hurting. He can’t run at full speed and is hobbling. So, is someone going to do something to ensure the future of the franchise doesn’t play himself into a thick, pasty goo? From CSNWashington.com, here’s Davey Johnson:
“I was a little disturbed that I wasn’t informed that he was having some treatment on his hip,” Johnson said. “But every time anybody talks to Harp, he says: ‘I’m fine, I’m fine, I’m fine.’ So I’m going to stick with him.”
So the manager with decades and decades of experience is going to take the word of a kid who has already established that he will run through walls in the name of playing hard and just let him keep going out there? Sounds cool to me.
I guess this is what happens when you are managing your last few games after declaring “World Series or Bust” at the beginning of the year.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)