Sep 3, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
One start wouldn’t be so bad, but very few oblique injuries tend to be that minor and if anything it’s an injury type that lingers more than most. Plenty of players have missed a month or more with oblique strains, although obviously it depends on the severity in this case.
Either way, the Indians are looking at being without Masterson for a while after he posted a 3.52 ERA in 29 starts while racking up 188 strikeouts in 189 innings and holding opponents to a .224 batting average.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 7
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 83
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 59
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (77)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)