Sep 3, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
One start wouldn’t be so bad, but very few oblique injuries tend to be that minor and if anything it’s an injury type that lingers more than most. Plenty of players have missed a month or more with oblique strains, although obviously it depends on the severity in this case.
Either way, the Indians are looking at being without Masterson for a while after he posted a 3.52 ERA in 29 starts while racking up 188 strikeouts in 189 innings and holding opponents to a .224 batting average.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 69
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 112
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)