Sep 3, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
One start wouldn’t be so bad, but very few oblique injuries tend to be that minor and if anything it’s an injury type that lingers more than most. Plenty of players have missed a month or more with oblique strains, although obviously it depends on the severity in this case.
Either way, the Indians are looking at being without Masterson for a while after he posted a 3.52 ERA in 29 starts while racking up 188 strikeouts in 189 innings and holding opponents to a .224 batting average.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)