Sep 3, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera hasn’t played for three games with an abdominal injury but he’s back in tonight’s lineup against the Red Sox.
You sorta have to wonder about Cabrera’s injury, don’t you? It’s been described as an abdominal injury for the most part. I’m told Dave Dombrowski referred to it as a groin injury the other day. Perhaps he was just mistaken or confused, but you do get the sense that Cabrera is maybe hurting more than the Tigers want to let on. Or at least in a place where they don’t want to let on.
Still: he’s Miguel Cabrera. And after every little tweak or pull this year, he’s come back and continued to hit like Babe Ruth, so if the Tigers aren’t worried, why should we be?
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)