Sep 3, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera hasn’t played for three games with an abdominal injury but he’s back in tonight’s lineup against the Red Sox.
You sorta have to wonder about Cabrera’s injury, don’t you? It’s been described as an abdominal injury for the most part. I’m told Dave Dombrowski referred to it as a groin injury the other day. Perhaps he was just mistaken or confused, but you do get the sense that Cabrera is maybe hurting more than the Tigers want to let on. Or at least in a place where they don’t want to let on.
Still: he’s Miguel Cabrera. And after every little tweak or pull this year, he’s come back and continued to hit like Babe Ruth, so if the Tigers aren’t worried, why should we be?
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)