Sep 3, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera hasn’t played for three games with an abdominal injury but he’s back in tonight’s lineup against the Red Sox.
You sorta have to wonder about Cabrera’s injury, don’t you? It’s been described as an abdominal injury for the most part. I’m told Dave Dombrowski referred to it as a groin injury the other day. Perhaps he was just mistaken or confused, but you do get the sense that Cabrera is maybe hurting more than the Tigers want to let on. Or at least in a place where they don’t want to let on.
Still: he’s Miguel Cabrera. And after every little tweak or pull this year, he’s come back and continued to hit like Babe Ruth, so if the Tigers aren’t worried, why should we be?
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)