Sep 3, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera hasn’t played for three games with an abdominal injury but he’s back in tonight’s lineup against the Red Sox.
You sorta have to wonder about Cabrera’s injury, don’t you? It’s been described as an abdominal injury for the most part. I’m told Dave Dombrowski referred to it as a groin injury the other day. Perhaps he was just mistaken or confused, but you do get the sense that Cabrera is maybe hurting more than the Tigers want to let on. Or at least in a place where they don’t want to let on.
Still: he’s Miguel Cabrera. And after every little tweak or pull this year, he’s come back and continued to hit like Babe Ruth, so if the Tigers aren’t worried, why should we be?
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)