Sep 3, 2013, 9:48 PM EST
Molina probably would have had him if the throw was on line, but knowledge of Hamilton’s base-stealing prowess likely caused the five-time Gold Glove winner to rush it. Hamilton scored moments later when Todd Frazier slapped a double to left field.
Here’s the replay of Hamilton’s first career steal from MLB.com:
Hamilton tallied 395 stolen bases in 502 minor league games. He’s probably up in the majors for good.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)