Sep 3, 2013, 9:48 PM EDT
Molina probably would have had him if the throw was on line, but knowledge of Hamilton’s base-stealing prowess likely caused the five-time Gold Glove winner to rush it. Hamilton scored moments later when Todd Frazier slapped a double to left field.
Here’s the replay of Hamilton’s first career steal from MLB.com:
Hamilton tallied 395 stolen bases in 502 minor league games. He’s probably up in the majors for good.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)