Sep 3, 2013, 9:48 PM EST
Molina probably would have had him if the throw was on line, but knowledge of Hamilton’s base-stealing prowess likely caused the five-time Gold Glove winner to rush it. Hamilton scored moments later when Todd Frazier slapped a double to left field.
Here’s the replay of Hamilton’s first career steal from MLB.com:
Hamilton tallied 395 stolen bases in 502 minor league games. He’s probably up in the majors for good.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)