Sep 3, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Yadier Molina exited yesterday’s game with a sore left wrist, but the Cardinals catcher is back in the lineup tonight against the Reds.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Molina has dealt with wrist problems for most of the season, although it wasn’t as problematic as his knee.
Despite being banged up Molina has been one of the most valuable players in the league, hitting .329 with an .856 OPS in 113 games along with his always outstanding defense behind the plate.
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 1
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)