Sep 3, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Yadier Molina exited yesterday’s game with a sore left wrist, but the Cardinals catcher is back in the lineup tonight against the Reds.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Molina has dealt with wrist problems for most of the season, although it wasn’t as problematic as his knee.
Despite being banged up Molina has been one of the most valuable players in the league, hitting .329 with an .856 OPS in 113 games along with his always outstanding defense behind the plate.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)