Sep 3, 2013, 3:51 PM EST
Yadier Molina exited yesterday’s game with a sore left wrist, but the Cardinals catcher is back in the lineup tonight against the Reds.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Molina has dealt with wrist problems for most of the season, although it wasn’t as problematic as his knee.
Despite being banged up Molina has been one of the most valuable players in the league, hitting .329 with an .856 OPS in 113 games along with his always outstanding defense behind the plate.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)