Sep 3, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Yadier Molina exited yesterday’s game with a sore left wrist, but the Cardinals catcher is back in the lineup tonight against the Reds.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Molina has dealt with wrist problems for most of the season, although it wasn’t as problematic as his knee.
Despite being banged up Molina has been one of the most valuable players in the league, hitting .329 with an .856 OPS in 113 games along with his always outstanding defense behind the plate.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 3
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 23
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 6
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (161)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)