Sep 3, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Yadier Molina exited yesterday’s game with a sore left wrist, but the Cardinals catcher is back in the lineup tonight against the Reds.
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Molina has dealt with wrist problems for most of the season, although it wasn’t as problematic as his knee.
Despite being banged up Molina has been one of the most valuable players in the league, hitting .329 with an .856 OPS in 113 games along with his always outstanding defense behind the plate.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 19
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 17
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (73)