Sep 3, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig left yesterday’s game with a mild right knee strain. The latest on his status:
Puig has stiffness behind knee. Mattingly plans to sit him tomorrow.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) September 3, 2013
That said, the Dodgers don’t seem to be too worried about their young superstar. And, frankly, given that they have a 12.5 game lead in the NL West, making sure he’s healthy and ready to go in October is more important than him going out and hurting himself in the first week of September.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8