Sep 3, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig left yesterday’s game with a mild right knee strain. The latest on his status:
Puig has stiffness behind knee. Mattingly plans to sit him tomorrow.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) September 3, 2013
That said, the Dodgers don’t seem to be too worried about their young superstar. And, frankly, given that they have a 12.5 game lead in the NL West, making sure he’s healthy and ready to go in October is more important than him going out and hurting himself in the first week of September.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 77
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)