Sep 3, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig left yesterday’s game with a mild right knee strain. The latest on his status:
Puig has stiffness behind knee. Mattingly plans to sit him tomorrow.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) September 3, 2013
That said, the Dodgers don’t seem to be too worried about their young superstar. And, frankly, given that they have a 12.5 game lead in the NL West, making sure he’s healthy and ready to go in October is more important than him going out and hurting himself in the first week of September.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59