Sep 3, 2013, 8:53 AM EST
Yasiel Puig left yesterday’s game with a mild right knee strain. The latest on his status:
Puig has stiffness behind knee. Mattingly plans to sit him tomorrow.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) September 3, 2013
That said, the Dodgers don’t seem to be too worried about their young superstar. And, frankly, given that they have a 12.5 game lead in the NL West, making sure he’s healthy and ready to go in October is more important than him going out and hurting himself in the first week of September.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (158)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)