Sep 4, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Maybin has played just 14 games this season because of wrist and knee injuries, and a few weeks ago the Padres basically admitted they weren’t counting on him in September, although then his knee was believed to be the main issue.
According to Brock there’s some chance he’ll be recovered in time to play winter ball. Maybin is under team control through at least 2016 as part of a five-year, $25 million contract signed in March of last year. He’s hit just .235 with a .638 OPS since signing the deal, missing half of the Padres’ games.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)