Sep 4, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Maybin has played just 14 games this season because of wrist and knee injuries, and a few weeks ago the Padres basically admitted they weren’t counting on him in September, although then his knee was believed to be the main issue.
According to Brock there’s some chance he’ll be recovered in time to play winter ball. Maybin is under team control through at least 2016 as part of a five-year, $25 million contract signed in March of last year. He’s hit just .235 with a .638 OPS since signing the deal, missing half of the Padres’ games.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)