Sep 4, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Maybin has played just 14 games this season because of wrist and knee injuries, and a few weeks ago the Padres basically admitted they weren’t counting on him in September, although then his knee was believed to be the main issue.
According to Brock there’s some chance he’ll be recovered in time to play winter ball. Maybin is under team control through at least 2016 as part of a five-year, $25 million contract signed in March of last year. He’s hit just .235 with a .638 OPS since signing the deal, missing half of the Padres’ games.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)