Sep 4, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Maybin has played just 14 games this season because of wrist and knee injuries, and a few weeks ago the Padres basically admitted they weren’t counting on him in September, although then his knee was believed to be the main issue.
According to Brock there’s some chance he’ll be recovered in time to play winter ball. Maybin is under team control through at least 2016 as part of a five-year, $25 million contract signed in March of last year. He’s hit just .235 with a .638 OPS since signing the deal, missing half of the Padres’ games.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 72
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)