Sep 4, 2013, 3:09 PM EST
Slow news day. So slow the drug suspensions are early. From the blotter:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that St. Louis Cardinals Minor League second baseman Brett Wiley has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. The suspension of Wiley, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A State College Spikes of the New York-Penn League, is effective immediately.
Wiley was a 13th round pick from last year who has been killing it in the low minors this year, with a line of .308/.395/.462 in 60 games. But what he was doing during those 60 cost him 50. So, bye.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)