Sep 4, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Chris Capuano will take the mound in his place.
Ryu has posted an outstanding 3.02 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 139/46 K/BB ratio in 167 innings this season for first-place Los Angeles and should be ready to return at some point early next week.
The 26-year-old native of South Korea signed a six-year, $36 million free agent contract with the Dodgers this past winter. Los Angeles also paid a $25.7 million posting fee, but it’s all been worth it so far.
Ryu went 192 2/3 total innings last season in the KBO, so fatigue should not be an issue.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)