Sep 4, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Chris Capuano will take the mound in his place.
Ryu has posted an outstanding 3.02 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 139/46 K/BB ratio in 167 innings this season for first-place Los Angeles and should be ready to return at some point early next week.
The 26-year-old native of South Korea signed a six-year, $36 million free agent contract with the Dodgers this past winter. Los Angeles also paid a $25.7 million posting fee, but it’s all been worth it so far.
Ryu went 192 2/3 total innings last season in the KBO, so fatigue should not be an issue.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)