Sep 4, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Chris Capuano will take the mound in his place.
Ryu has posted an outstanding 3.02 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 139/46 K/BB ratio in 167 innings this season for first-place Los Angeles and should be ready to return at some point early next week.
The 26-year-old native of South Korea signed a six-year, $36 million free agent contract with the Dodgers this past winter. Los Angeles also paid a $25.7 million posting fee, but it’s all been worth it so far.
Ryu went 192 2/3 total innings last season in the KBO, so fatigue should not be an issue.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 1
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 3
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 47
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)