Sep 4, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
Chris Capuano will take the mound in his place.
Ryu has posted an outstanding 3.02 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 139/46 K/BB ratio in 167 innings this season for first-place Los Angeles and should be ready to return at some point early next week.
The 26-year-old native of South Korea signed a six-year, $36 million free agent contract with the Dodgers this past winter. Los Angeles also paid a $25.7 million posting fee, but it’s all been worth it so far.
Ryu went 192 2/3 total innings last season in the KBO, so fatigue should not be an issue.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 18
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 27
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 29
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)