Sep 4, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
That’s a very tough break for Davis, who was turning things in around in a huge way following an absolutely brutal start to the season that got him demoted to the minors. Since returning from Triple-A in early July he’s hit .267 with an .872 OPS in 48 games, posting a fantastic .438 on-base percentage with more walks (38) than strikeouts (35).
Davis is making $3.15 million this season and will be due for at least that much in 2014 via arbitration, so it’ll be interesting to see if the Mets continue to stick with the 26-year-old as their first baseman.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)