Sep 4, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
That’s a very tough break for Davis, who was turning things in around in a huge way following an absolutely brutal start to the season that got him demoted to the minors. Since returning from Triple-A in early July he’s hit .267 with an .872 OPS in 48 games, posting a fantastic .438 on-base percentage with more walks (38) than strikeouts (35).
Davis is making $3.15 million this season and will be due for at least that much in 2014 via arbitration, so it’ll be interesting to see if the Mets continue to stick with the 26-year-old as their first baseman.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 39
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)