Sep 4, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
That’s a very tough break for Davis, who was turning things in around in a huge way following an absolutely brutal start to the season that got him demoted to the minors. Since returning from Triple-A in early July he’s hit .267 with an .872 OPS in 48 games, posting a fantastic .438 on-base percentage with more walks (38) than strikeouts (35).
Davis is making $3.15 million this season and will be due for at least that much in 2014 via arbitration, so it’ll be interesting to see if the Mets continue to stick with the 26-year-old as their first baseman.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 25
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)