Sep 4, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
The Rays beat the Angels last night, snapping a five-game losing streak. After the game ended, manager Joe Maddon tweeted thusly:
Everybody wearing Rays gear tonight at Legends on 2nd Street in Long Beach gets a free beer. It’s our win or weep party.
— Joe Maddon (@RaysJoeMaddon) September 4, 2013
I’m not guessing the Rays travel well as a fan base and thus I’m not guessing too many were there and dressed appropriately to take advantage of the offer, but that’s a pretty solid move by Maddon.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 284
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (285)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)