Joe Maddon buys a round for Rays fans in Long Beach

Sep 4, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT

The Rays beat the Angels last night, snapping a five-game losing streak. After the game ended, manager Joe Maddon tweeted thusly:

I’m not guessing the Rays travel well as a fan base and thus I’m not guessing too many were there and dressed appropriately to take advantage of the offer, but that’s a pretty solid move by Maddon.

1. historiophiliac - Sep 4, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I wonder if their travel theme is ever orange jumpsuits…

• indaburg - Sep 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM

C’mon, sistah, you can do better trolling than that. That’s dirtyharry level. Amateur.

• historiophiliac - Sep 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM

That’s all I got. I’m not a very good Rays hater. Back to the Doom! now…

• santosjeffrey5677 - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Time t add thousand of dollars in your social security checks,..
      Experience is a poor teacher: So,
      don’t bother and make some handsome earning, go to this site
      “~.~ x­u­ℛl.e­s/b8vd​3

• raysfan1 - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Yes, I am very tempted to take a pay cut to work for an illiterate spammer.

Go away.

• redmanrt - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Are you at least a good Red Sox hater?

• historiophiliac - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I doubt it. I really only specialize in Yankee hate…and Larry Jones…and the various versions of Brandon Inge.

• redmanrt - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Are you at least a good Boston hater?

2. indaburg - Sep 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Rays fans don’t even travel well to their own stadium. Still, I had patients this morning show me pictures on their phone, coincidentally, of a trip they took to Anaheim to see the Rays play. Believe it or not. I wish I had seen this blog post earlier.

I also nearly made the trip myself. The only time they had won in the past week was the game I attended so obviously my presence in Anaheim was needed. My British boss said no. Brits have no understanding how important baseball is.

• jcmeyer10 - Sep 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Tell him you are going to an American style cricket match or something!

• jwbiii - Sep 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM

And it’s going to last three days

• raysfan1 - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Cricket can last that long, at least seemingly.

Alternatively, you could call it rounders too.

• jcmeyer10 - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

That way you can see a whole three game series to make it worth going to California. That’s what I call a problem solved!

• indaburg - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Thanks, guys. I know what to say next time! I need three days off to go watch cricket, okay?

• historiophiliac - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

And, also, in America, it’s customary for the boss to give employees a bottle of rum for good luck when the match is against Russia.

3. gg206 - Sep 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM

After watching the Rays broadcast last night, it appeared to be a small Rays contingent at the big A. Maybe 15-20-30 fans…. I’ve noticed the last few years that Rays garb is starting to infiltrate other cities.. Good to see Rays Fans outside of the Bay Area

4. jcmeyer10 - Sep 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM

The guy in the throwback Rays hat who doesn’t even watch baseball wins too!

5. mophatici - Sep 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Are you not guessing that the fans travel well, or are you guessing that they don’t travel well. Those are 2 different things. It seems like you meant the latter.

Three legends off to Cooperstown