Sep 4, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
The Rays beat the Angels last night, snapping a five-game losing streak. After the game ended, manager Joe Maddon tweeted thusly:
Everybody wearing Rays gear tonight at Legends on 2nd Street in Long Beach gets a free beer. It’s our win or weep party.
— Joe Maddon (@RaysJoeMaddon) September 4, 2013
I’m not guessing the Rays travel well as a fan base and thus I’m not guessing too many were there and dressed appropriately to take advantage of the offer, but that’s a pretty solid move by Maddon.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (91)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)