Sep 4, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
The Rays beat the Angels last night, snapping a five-game losing streak. After the game ended, manager Joe Maddon tweeted thusly:
Everybody wearing Rays gear tonight at Legends on 2nd Street in Long Beach gets a free beer. It’s our win or weep party.
— Joe Maddon (@RaysJoeMaddon) September 4, 2013
I’m not guessing the Rays travel well as a fan base and thus I’m not guessing too many were there and dressed appropriately to take advantage of the offer, but that’s a pretty solid move by Maddon.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)