Sep 4, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
The Rays beat the Angels last night, snapping a five-game losing streak. After the game ended, manager Joe Maddon tweeted thusly:
Everybody wearing Rays gear tonight at Legends on 2nd Street in Long Beach gets a free beer. It’s our win or weep party.
— Joe Maddon (@RaysJoeMaddon) September 4, 2013
I’m not guessing the Rays travel well as a fan base and thus I’m not guessing too many were there and dressed appropriately to take advantage of the offer, but that’s a pretty solid move by Maddon.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)