Sep 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
He was out then back in and now he’s out again. Jim Leyland has penciled in his lineup for tonight’s game against the Red Sox and Miguel Cabrera is not in it.
The Player of the Month for August — they just announced that — is obviously still hurting. And one can’t help but think he was hurting last night when he came up with the bases loaded and couldn’t deliver against Jon Lester.
Obviously a healthy Miguel Cabrera is key for the Detroit Tigers. And obviously he’s not getting any better right now.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)