Sep 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
He was out then back in and now he’s out again. Jim Leyland has penciled in his lineup for tonight’s game against the Red Sox and Miguel Cabrera is not in it.
The Player of the Month for August — they just announced that — is obviously still hurting. And one can’t help but think he was hurting last night when he came up with the bases loaded and couldn’t deliver against Jon Lester.
Obviously a healthy Miguel Cabrera is key for the Detroit Tigers. And obviously he’s not getting any better right now.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)