Sep 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
He was out then back in and now he’s out again. Jim Leyland has penciled in his lineup for tonight’s game against the Red Sox and Miguel Cabrera is not in it.
The Player of the Month for August — they just announced that — is obviously still hurting. And one can’t help but think he was hurting last night when he came up with the bases loaded and couldn’t deliver against Jon Lester.
Obviously a healthy Miguel Cabrera is key for the Detroit Tigers. And obviously he’s not getting any better right now.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 10
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)