Sep 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
He was out then back in and now he’s out again. Jim Leyland has penciled in his lineup for tonight’s game against the Red Sox and Miguel Cabrera is not in it.
The Player of the Month for August — they just announced that — is obviously still hurting. And one can’t help but think he was hurting last night when he came up with the bases loaded and couldn’t deliver against Jon Lester.
Obviously a healthy Miguel Cabrera is key for the Detroit Tigers. And obviously he’s not getting any better right now.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 28
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)