Sep 4, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
He was out then back in and now he’s out again. Jim Leyland has penciled in his lineup for tonight’s game against the Red Sox and Miguel Cabrera is not in it.
The Player of the Month for August — they just announced that — is obviously still hurting. And one can’t help but think he was hurting last night when he came up with the bases loaded and couldn’t deliver against Jon Lester.
Obviously a healthy Miguel Cabrera is key for the Detroit Tigers. And obviously he’s not getting any better right now.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)