Sep 4, 2013, 10:18 PM EDT
Pablo Sandoval won’t be having any three-homer games in the World Series this October, but he did accomplish the feat for the first time in the regular season Wednesday as the Giants crushed the Padres 13-5.
Sandoval had a modest 10 homers this season before taking three relievers deep tonight. He had a two-run shot off Brad Brach in the fifth, a solo homer off Brad Boxberger in the eighth and then a three-run bomb off Dale Thayer in the ninth.
The homers also gave him his first career six-RBI game.
Sandoval previously hit three homers in Game 1 of the World Series last year against the Tigers. He finished the postseason with six in 66 at-bats. This year, he had just two in 238 at-bats since the beginning of June.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (76)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (71)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)