Sep 4, 2013, 10:18 PM EST
Pablo Sandoval won’t be having any three-homer games in the World Series this October, but he did accomplish the feat for the first time in the regular season Wednesday as the Giants crushed the Padres 13-5.
Sandoval had a modest 10 homers this season before taking three relievers deep tonight. He had a two-run shot off Brad Brach in the fifth, a solo homer off Brad Boxberger in the eighth and then a three-run bomb off Dale Thayer in the ninth.
The homers also gave him his first career six-RBI game.
Sandoval previously hit three homers in Game 1 of the World Series last year against the Tigers. He finished the postseason with six in 66 at-bats. This year, he had just two in 238 at-bats since the beginning of June.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)