Sep 4, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Reed Johnson has been out for more than a month with an Achilles’ tendon injury, but his rehab has stalled and the Braves outfielder may not make it back this season.
Johnson told David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution that the setbacks he’s experienced have been “really frustrating” and he’s worried about “watching the playoffs from home.”
Johnson’s overall numbers are nothing special, but he’s had a ton of success as a pinch-hitter for the past two seasons and gives the Braves a nice bench bat versus left-handed pitching.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106