Sep 4, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
Reed Johnson has been out for more than a month with an Achilles’ tendon injury, but his rehab has stalled and the Braves outfielder may not make it back this season.
Johnson told David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution that the setbacks he’s experienced have been “really frustrating” and he’s worried about “watching the playoffs from home.”
Johnson’s overall numbers are nothing special, but he’s had a ton of success as a pinch-hitter for the past two seasons and gives the Braves a nice bench bat versus left-handed pitching.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)