Sep 4, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
Reed Johnson has been out for more than a month with an Achilles’ tendon injury, but his rehab has stalled and the Braves outfielder may not make it back this season.
Johnson told David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution that the setbacks he’s experienced have been “really frustrating” and he’s worried about “watching the playoffs from home.”
Johnson’s overall numbers are nothing special, but he’s had a ton of success as a pinch-hitter for the past two seasons and gives the Braves a nice bench bat versus left-handed pitching.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 15
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 15
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)