Sep 4, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Reed Johnson has been out for more than a month with an Achilles’ tendon injury, but his rehab has stalled and the Braves outfielder may not make it back this season.
Johnson told David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution that the setbacks he’s experienced have been “really frustrating” and he’s worried about “watching the playoffs from home.”
Johnson’s overall numbers are nothing special, but he’s had a ton of success as a pinch-hitter for the past two seasons and gives the Braves a nice bench bat versus left-handed pitching.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)