Sep 4, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Puig is not seriously injured and the expectation is that he’ll be able to return for Friday night’s series opener at Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park.
The Dodgers have built a massive lead over the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings and are simply playing this one safe.
Puig, 22, is hitting .351/.411/.564 with 14 home runs, 32 RBI, 10 stolen bases and 55 runs scored through his first 80 major league games. Oh, and he has a ridiculous new custom walk-up song.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)