Sep 4, 2013, 6:58 PM EST
Puig is not seriously injured and the expectation is that he’ll be able to return for Friday night’s series opener at Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park.
The Dodgers have built a massive lead over the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings and are simply playing this one safe.
Puig, 22, is hitting .351/.411/.564 with 14 home runs, 32 RBI, 10 stolen bases and 55 runs scored through his first 80 major league games. Oh, and he has a ridiculous new custom walk-up song.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)