Sep 4, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Puig is not seriously injured and the expectation is that he’ll be able to return for Friday night’s series opener at Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park.
The Dodgers have built a massive lead over the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings and are simply playing this one safe.
Puig, 22, is hitting .351/.411/.564 with 14 home runs, 32 RBI, 10 stolen bases and 55 runs scored through his first 80 major league games. Oh, and he has a ridiculous new custom walk-up song.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)