Sep 4, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Puig is not seriously injured and the expectation is that he’ll be able to return for Friday night’s series opener at Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park.
The Dodgers have built a massive lead over the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings and are simply playing this one safe.
Puig, 22, is hitting .351/.411/.564 with 14 home runs, 32 RBI, 10 stolen bases and 55 runs scored through his first 80 major league games. Oh, and he has a ridiculous new custom walk-up song.
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 0
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 1
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 23
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)