Sep 4, 2013, 6:58 PM EDT
Puig is not seriously injured and the expectation is that he’ll be able to return for Friday night’s series opener at Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park.
The Dodgers have built a massive lead over the Diamondbacks in the National League West standings and are simply playing this one safe.
Puig, 22, is hitting .351/.411/.564 with 14 home runs, 32 RBI, 10 stolen bases and 55 runs scored through his first 80 major league games. Oh, and he has a ridiculous new custom walk-up song.
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 26
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 16
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)