Sep 5, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
Part of the issue, however, has been the weight loss caused by the medicine he takes to combat ADD (attention deficit disorder). LaRoche is so desperate to keep on as much weight as possible that batting practice outside on a warm day is counterproductive.
“You come back in and you’re soaking wet on a humid day and I can literally see the weight falling off,” he said. “I got way too light.”
ADD has always been a battle for him, going back to this days with the Braves. It’s now literally keeping him from the extra work he needs to improve upon a bad season.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)