Sep 5, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
Part of the issue, however, has been the weight loss caused by the medicine he takes to combat ADD (attention deficit disorder). LaRoche is so desperate to keep on as much weight as possible that batting practice outside on a warm day is counterproductive.
“You come back in and you’re soaking wet on a humid day and I can literally see the weight falling off,” he said. “I got way too light.”
ADD has always been a battle for him, going back to this days with the Braves. It’s now literally keeping him from the extra work he needs to improve upon a bad season.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)