Sep 5, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
Part of the issue, however, has been the weight loss caused by the medicine he takes to combat ADD (attention deficit disorder). LaRoche is so desperate to keep on as much weight as possible that batting practice outside on a warm day is counterproductive.
“You come back in and you’re soaking wet on a humid day and I can literally see the weight falling off,” he said. “I got way too light.”
ADD has always been a battle for him, going back to this days with the Braves. It’s now literally keeping him from the extra work he needs to improve upon a bad season.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)