Adam LaRoche can’t take BP because he’s losing too much weight

Sep 5, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT

Adam LaRoche Reuters

We just learned that Ben Revere is bootylicious. Seems that Adam LaRoche is anti-bootylicious. Like, he literally can’t keep weight on and now that’s keeping him from taking batting practice:

Part of the issue, however, has been the weight loss caused by the medicine he takes to combat ADD (attention deficit disorder). LaRoche is so desperate to keep on as much weight as possible that batting practice outside on a warm day is counterproductive.

“You come back in and you’re soaking wet on a humid day and I can literally see the weight falling off,” he said. “I got way too light.”

ADD has always been a battle for him, going back to this days with the Braves. It’s now literally keeping him from the extra work he needs to improve upon a bad season.

1. scoutsaysweitersisabust - Sep 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I can’t keep the weight off. First world baseball problems.

2. powapac - Sep 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM

if Nats are ever to become a consistent contender they must get more production offensively from first base position, must upgrade, maybe this gets them out of horrible contract

• jyoung1891 - Sep 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM

How?

3. hoopmatch - Sep 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I heard Adam Dunn might be available.

4. lightcleric - Sep 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I wonder what exactly he’s taking. I’ve taken Adderall which makes you sweat like a pig sometimes but that’s a banned substance.

• El Bravo - Sep 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

It’s not banned if it is Dr. prescribed.

• aceshigh11 - Sep 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM

If it was prescribed for ADD, it’s almost certainly Adderall.

And it’s not banned as long as you have been diagnosed as actually having ADD by a legitimate doctor, and report it to MLB.

• lightcleric - Sep 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Indeed it’s not. I forgot there was that exception. My mistake!

5. aceshigh11 - Sep 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM

So he’s basically a speed freak.

The Lemmy Kilmister of MLB:

6. tfbuckfutter - Sep 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

He should get off the stuff, get fat, and then look completely lost and distracted in the field.

Holy shit.

I think I just identified Delmon Young’s problem.

7. ericcoyle15 - Sep 5, 2013 at 11:39 PM

just tell him to take PEDs i mean everyone else is doing it

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate