Sep 5, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
Allen Craig exited last night’s game with a foot injury that the Cardinals feared could be serious, but Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that an MRI exam revealed no fractures and he’s been diagnosed with a sprain.
Now the bad news: He’s sure to miss at least a few games and could potentially be sidelined for a while, wearing a walking boot in the meantime.
Matt Adams, who made history last night by homering twice after the 14th inning in place of Craig, figures to see most of the action at first base in his absence.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)