Sep 5, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
Allen Craig exited last night’s game with a foot injury that the Cardinals feared could be serious, but Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that an MRI exam revealed no fractures and he’s been diagnosed with a sprain.
Now the bad news: He’s sure to miss at least a few games and could potentially be sidelined for a while, wearing a walking boot in the meantime.
Matt Adams, who made history last night by homering twice after the 14th inning in place of Craig, figures to see most of the action at first base in his absence.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)