Sep 5, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
Allen Craig exited last night’s game with a foot injury that the Cardinals feared could be serious, but Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that an MRI exam revealed no fractures and he’s been diagnosed with a sprain.
Now the bad news: He’s sure to miss at least a few games and could potentially be sidelined for a while, wearing a walking boot in the meantime.
Matt Adams, who made history last night by homering twice after the 14th inning in place of Craig, figures to see most of the action at first base in his absence.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (84)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)