Sep 5, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
Allen Craig exited last night’s game with a foot injury that the Cardinals feared could be serious, but Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that an MRI exam revealed no fractures and he’s been diagnosed with a sprain.
Now the bad news: He’s sure to miss at least a few games and could potentially be sidelined for a while, wearing a walking boot in the meantime.
Matt Adams, who made history last night by homering twice after the 14th inning in place of Craig, figures to see most of the action at first base in his absence.
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 0
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 38
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)