Sep 5, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
Allen Craig exited last night’s game with a foot injury that the Cardinals feared could be serious, but Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that an MRI exam revealed no fractures and he’s been diagnosed with a sprain.
Now the bad news: He’s sure to miss at least a few games and could potentially be sidelined for a while, wearing a walking boot in the meantime.
Matt Adams, who made history last night by homering twice after the 14th inning in place of Craig, figures to see most of the action at first base in his absence.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)